Akwa Ibom State Undergraduates Scholarship 2022: www.moe.akwaibomstate.gov.ng
His Excellency, the Education friendly Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has approved the Award of Scholarships to 500 (Five Hundred) indigents (very poor) but intelligent students of Akwa Ibom State origin, studying in Federal or State Universities in Nigeria with effect from the 2021/2022 academic session valued at N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) only for each student, per session.
The Scholarships shall be 70% (Seventy Percent) for undergraduates studying Science and Technology and Thirty percent (30%) for other courses as follows:
Science and Technology courses include:
- Aviation Studies
- Marine Studies
- Medicine and Surgery
- Engineering Studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence
- Oil and Gas related courses
- Robotic Science, etc.
Other Fields of Studies:
- Arts / Humanities / Management Sciences
- Education, etc.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIPS AWARD
- All applicants must be intelligent including physically challenged indigene of Akwa Ibom state in Federal or State Universities.
- Applicants must be at least in their 2nd year of study;
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) on a 5.00 scale;
- All applicants must produce testimonials from their institutions;
- All applicants must present a certificate of origin from their respective Local Government Council in Akwa Ibom State;
- All applicants must NOT be more than Twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of application;
- All applicants will state the financial status/occupation/means of livelihood of their Parents, after fulfilling the academic requirement;
- All beneficiaries will submit academic results at the end of every session to determine their continued eligibility for the scholarship based on their CGPA, which will be verified by the Ministry of Education / State Scholarships Board;
- Any beneficiary who falls below CGPA of 3.50 will be withdrawn from the Scholarships Scheme;
- Change of course or institution will NOT be allowed while enjoying the scholarships
How to Apply for Akwa Ibom State Undergraduates Scholarship 2022
Suitably qualified undergraduates are invited to log on to www.moe.akwaibomstate.gov.ng and fill in the application form.
All shortlisted students will come to the interview with the following documents:
- Admission Letter
- Testimonial from the applicant’s Head of Department
- Current Semester’s Result / Statement of Result stating the CGPA
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration
- Certificate of Origin from applicant’s Local Government Council
- Letter stating the financial status/occupation/means of livelihood of the Parents of the applicant
- Student’s Identity Card
- Entry closes one month after the date of this publication
Read Also: Federal Government Scholarship
Do you find this post about Akwa Ibom State Undergraduates Scholarship 2022 informative? If yes, please, before you leave, share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
If you have any questions make use of our comment box below right now.