Australia Awards Scholarships 2022/2023 Fully Funded
The Australia Awards Scholarships 2022/2023 application Form is out online! The Australian Government provides this scholarship award to students and professionals from developing countries around the globe.
The Australia Awards Scholarships programme is administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and it’s to help contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
Australia Scholarships are available for people from developing nations, notably those in the Indo-Pacific area, to study full-time at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes.
Australia Scholarships Eligibility
- Applicants must be students of developing countries
- Applicants should be enrolling in a master’s degree study programme at an Australian public university
- Candidates who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
- After completing their scholarship, scholars are must leave Australia for a minimum of two years. Failure to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total financial cost of their scholarship.
- Also, check country-specific eligibility for all participating countries (link below).
Australia Scholarships Awards Benefits
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance—a once-only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials
- CLE – Contribution to Living Expenses – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Applicants must undertake an Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory program before the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (except pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- Supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience.
- Fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
How to Apply for Australia Scholarships Awards
There are two ways to apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2022/2023, as described on the how to apply page;
- Applying Online: Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username, and password.
- Applying by Email: If you are unable to submit your application online, you can apply by mail. Please check your participating country profile for contact details to obtain a hardcopy application form and any other templates such as referee reports (if applicable).
Application Dateline: The deadline for 2023 intake applications is AEST 11:59 Friday 29 April 2022.
Do you think this article about Australia Awards Scholarships 2022/2023 Fully Funded will be of good use to someone else? Then share it with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, or email. Do you have any other questions? If so, let us know in the comment section.