NSFAS Application 2023 | NSFAS Portal Login Opening Date 2023 Is Here
Apply for a National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) bursary for the 2023/2024 academic year. Do you need financial aid for your post-secondary studies? If your answer to this question is yes! This article is for you.
The NSFAS application 2023 will begin on September 28 and end on January 31, 2023. Therefore, those wishing to apply for NSFAS 2023 should apply online at www.nsfas.org.za, the NSFAS website. Before the deadline, submit your application today.
Poor university students in South Africa are eligible for financial aid under the government’s National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), which helps them cover the cost of their higher education once they complete high school.
Therefore, the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) provides the funding. Apply for NSFAS online right here now.
NSFAS Application Requirements for 2023/2024
To apply for NSFAS 2023 online, you must meet the following requirements before filling out NSFAS Bursary 2023 registration form;
- The NSFAS bursary is open to all South African citizens planning to study in 2023 or currently studying at a public university or TVET college.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient
- If your combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- If you are a person with a disability and with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per year
- If you are a student who started University studies before 2018 and your household income is not more than R122 000 per year.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2023 Application Form via www.nsfas.org.za
- Go to the NSFAS Portal login at www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- Create your myNSFAS account when the page opens
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Then, check to update all your details
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Click on “Submit” to send your application for evaluation.
What is required during the Application Process?
NSFAS may need more information from you to process your application, check what supporting documents are required, and ensure that you have all the relevant information:
You will need the following to complete your NSFAS application:
- Your cellphone number and email address
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate
- ID copies of parents, guardian, or spouse (If applicable)
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (if applicable)
- Your parents, guardian, or spouse’s proof of income
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form, click here to download
- An applicant who is recognized as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form, click here to download.
Once your NSFAS 2023 application has been approved, your coverage will begin and continue until the end of your program. You must continue to meet academic standards if you want to receive the NSFAS funding scholarship. All you have to do is focus on learning and passing the modules to ensure continued funding.
NSFAS Opening Date for 2023
The NSFAS Application Portal will open on September 28, 2022. That is according to information the board released earlier today. We discuss the application closing date, other deadlines, and information on how to apply and submit your NSFAS application in this post. It is also a huge resource for all NSFAS-related news.
NSFAS Closing Date for 2023
NSFAS registration form for 2023 will be closing on the 31st of January, 2023. Take note to submit your required information on NSFAS Portal login before the official closing date.
NSFAS CONTACT DETAILS:
Get In Touch with NSFAS Via the Virtual Contact Centre
- NSFAS Connect: www.nsfas.org.za and log into your myNSFAS account
- Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
- Twitter page: @myNSFAS
- Instagram: @myNSFAS
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read Also: Federal Government Bursary Award
Please, if you have any questions, make use of our comment box below right now.